1. A minimum of 6 students must be enrolled in order to keep a class on the schedule. If class is cancelled we will attempt to place students in another class/time at their level.
2. SVDA reserves the right to engage a qualified substitute teacher when the regular teacher cannot attend.
3. Students should be prepared to follow the studio dress code.
4. SVDA is not responsible for children who are not enrolled at the studio. Please do not leave children unattended.
5. The studio doors open 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the first scheduled class. SVDA will not be responsible for students who arrive before this time
6. To protect the safety of our students, SVDA requires that they arrive and depart as close to the scheduled class times as possible. SVDA requires students to be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the end of their class. Parents with students under the age of 6 are to remain in the school during class.
7. Please respect our learning environment. Students who are waiting for class, siblings and parents please help to keep the lobby area distraction-free for ongoing classes.
8. No food or drinks (except plastic water containers with lids) allowed in the dance studios.
9. Students enrolled in class for multiple hours may eat only in the lobby area. All trash from food or drinks must be disposed of in the rubbish bin.
10. No gum allowed.
11. No running in the studios or the lobby.
12. All students enrolled in ballet classes are encouraged to participate in The Nutcracker and Spring Show or Spring Story Ballet. Choreography will be rehearsed during class time. If you or your child decide not to participate in the show, you will still have an opportunity to learn the choreography/repertoire for the upcoming production just the same.
13. No jewelry is to be worn in class except stud earrings.
14. Be kind, empathetic and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
- You may choose to pay your tuition monthly or yearly. A 5% discount will be given on yearly tuition paid in full by September 30. Pre-paid tuition minus the 5% discount is refundable if proper Drop Procedures are followed. Please note that yearly tuition must be paid by cash or check only. Automatic payment plans are also available.
- Please note that tuition is based on a school-term tuition annual fee (September to May). The 9 equal monthly installments are for your convenience and ease in bookkeeping. The total number of weeks (including holidays) has been calculated in determining the total cost for the term. They do not reflect the numbers of classes in any given month as some months have five weeks and some have two weeks.
- First and Last Month’s tuition (September & May) are due upon registration. The final month’s tuition is refundable if proper Drop Procedures are followed (see #13 below). Please note that May tuition will not be refunded after April.
- Monthly tuition payments are due on the first of the month. If your monthly tuition has not been paid in full by the 10th of the month, a $20.00 late fee will be added to your account. A $20.00 late fee will be added to each month’s tuition for a balance that is left unpaid. SVDA does not send out statements unless the payment is late. Partial tuition payments will be considered late and fees will be assessed.
- Monthly tuition may be paid via our automatic credit card billing system from your credit card or debit card account. The Automatic Recurring Payment Agreement form may be picked up at the front desk. Everyone wishing to pay via automatic credit card billing must fill out a new form for the School-Term Session. Form must be completed and submitted to Cindi (our office manager) at least two weeks prior to the beginning of a new month. Recurring charges will be automatically processed on the first of each month. Please note, by enrolling in the Automatic Recurring Payment Agreement you are authorizing SVDA to charge for all costume deposits on November 1, 2014, as well as all costume balances on April (or when costume balances become available). Customers signed up for the Automatic Recurring Payment Agreement will have tuition and other applicable fees deducted through April We will not keep credit card information on file after this date.
- Accounts are to be paid in full (including tuition, late fees, bank charges, outstanding costume charges, etc.) in order for students to participate in any Theater Performances, including The Nutcracker and the Spring Show, or to register for a new term.
- No costumes will be fit to students with overdue balances.
- There is a $20.00 fee on all returned checks. We will be unable to accept checks from customers who bounce two checks during the school-term session. Subsequent payments to SVDA must be made by cash or credit card.
- Make checks payable to South Valley Dance Arts or SVDA. PLEASE PUT THE STUDENT’S NAME ON THE CHECK to ensure proper credit to your account.
- There is no change in payment or discounts given for classes missed. Classes missed due to illness or family conflicts may be made up. Make up class must be the same type of class as missed and the same level or lower. Please try to make up classes within 30 days of missed class. Credits for missed class(es) can only be made for prolonged illness, verified by a doctor’s certification within 30 days of the missed class(es). Credits are at the discretion of SVDA staff.
- The Nutcracker Participation Contracts and Costume Deposits are due October for any students wishing to participate in The Nutcracker. Payment plans are available for families owing four or more costume deposits. Deposits are non-refundable after December . A $10.00 late fee will be added to your account for each costume deposit left unpaid by December 10, or by January 10 for those participating in our payment plan.
- Registration/insurance fees are non-refundable
- SVDA requires students wishing to add, change, or drop classes to do so by completing an Add/Drop form. Forms must be completed and signed by an adult age 18 or over. Drop forms must be submitted to SVDA 30 days prior to dropping the class, otherwise customer will be responsible for any outstanding balances that assess.Class hours Monthly Tuition per class.